My bucket list is constantly being checked off and added to! This world is so exciting. I have also included some links to articles I read that have inspired my additions or to my posts as I accomplish my travel goals. I hope it inspired you too!
Go to Iceland.October 2014
- Go to Paris in spring. Going April 2017.
- Ice caving in Iceland.
- Scuba Pingvillir in Iceland.
- Ride a bike from the train station to Monet’s gardens.
- Tour a port vineyard in Portugal.
- Visit Algarve, Portugal. Check out the gorgeous cliffs on the water in this article from Travel, Books and Food.
- Stay in a glass yurt in Norway to watch the northern lights.
- Swim in the caves in Mallorca.
- Visit Croatia, especially Plitvice.
- This cruise around Croatia, Slovenia and the Dalmation Islands, taken by Vagrants of the World would be the ideal way to accomplish #11. Maybe next April?
- Pammukale hot springs in Turkey
Visit England. Done 4/16. Visit Ireland. Done 4/16. Visit Scotland. Done 4/16. Tour castles in England.Done 4/16.
- Have a proper tea in Great Britain. Done 4/16.
Visit Sweden. Done 4/17. Visit Norway.Done 4/17. Visit Denmark. Scheduled 4/17.
- When I was in Costa Rica, I watched Arenal volcano erupt from far away and that is one of my best adventures yet. According to Laugh Travel Eat, I can watch Stromboli erupt from on it! Definitely had to add that to the list.
- Road trip Ireland, especially the Cliffs of Moher, not sure how my husband will feel about driving on the left side of the road again though.
- Go to the Faroe Islands, especially Sorvagsvatn Lake.
Cherry blossoms in Kawazu-zakura by peaceful-jp-scenery on Flickr
- See the cherry trees bloom in Japan.
- Explore Angkor Wat.
- Visit the Taj Mahal. Here is some India inspiration from See Her Travel.
- Visit the tea plantations in Indonesia.
- Stay in a traditional Chinese courtyard- inspired by my love of Asian literature and this article by Creative Travel Guide.
- Being a dentist, I would be remiss to not visit The Temple of the Sacred Tooth.
- Visit a tea plantation.
- Go to the opera at the Met in NYC.
- Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico
- Stay at the Mohonk Mountain House, in NY.
- Take my kids to Washington D.C. in spring.
- White water raft down the Grand Canyon with my kids.
- Hike into or out of the Grand Canyon.
- Explore the Badlands, SD.
Play tennis on the grass in Newport, RI at the International Tennis Hall of Fame.Done 9/16.
- Scuba dive in Puerto Rico’s Bioluminescent Bay.
Kayak on Puerto Rico’s Bioluminescent Bay.Check out the post.
- Go on an Alaskan cruise.
- Get a library card and read a book in Washington DC’s Library of Congress.
- Visit Banff.
- Hike, camp at and swim in Joffre Lakes inspired by Adventure Stamp.
- I just took my first helicopter ride and loved it. This ride as seen on World Travel Adventurers over Whistler would be a great next one!
- Visit the Sunshine Coast of Canada- check out Two Scots Abroad’s road trip to get inspired to visit too.
- Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves, New Zealand
- Swim with Whale Sharks!
- Visit New Zealand.
- Road Trip Australia.
- Go on an African Safari. Here are some inspiring pictures from Roar Loud to get you craving this experience too!
- Seeing the pyramids.
- Hang out with penguins in South Africa.
South America and Central America
- Scuba diving in the Big Blue Hole in Belize.
- Visit Patagonia.
- Hike to Machu Picchu.
- Go to a chocolate plantation.
- Probe Around the Globe has inspired me to travel to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile to stargaze and take photos in one of the clearest skies in the world.
- Celebrate Dia de Los Muertos en Mexico!
Go to St. Lucia.Done 2/17. Visit Barbados.Done 2/17.
- Climb Mt. Liamuiga in St. Kitts.
The Middle East
- Picnic in the desert.
- Explore Israel.
- Swimming with dolphins.
- Live in a different country.
Sleep in a castle.Done 4/16.
- Swim with manatees.
- Work a Drs. Without Borders trip, even better if one of my son’s can come along.
- Go to all the Grand Slams- I’ve only seen the US Open.
If you have any ideas for me or comments, please share them with me.