My bucket list is constantly being checked off and added to! This world is so exciting. I have also included some links to articles I read that have inspired my additions or to my posts as I accomplish my travel goals. I hope it inspired you too!
Go to Iceland.October 2014
- Go to Paris in spring. Going April 2017.
- Ice caving in Iceland.
- Scuba Pingvillir in Iceland.
- Ride a bike from the train station to Monet’s gardens.
- Tour a port vineyard in Portugal.
- Visit Algarve, Portugal. Check out the gorgeous cliffs on the water in this article from Travel, Books and Food.
- Stay in a glass yurt in Norway to watch the northern lights.
- Go on an Alaskan cruise.
- Swim in the caves in Mallorca.
- Visit Croatia, especially Plitvice.
- This cruise around Croatia, Slovenia and the Dalmation Islands, taken by Vagrants of the World would be the ideal way to accomplish #11. Maybe next April?
- Pammukale hot springs in Turkey
Visit England. Done 4/16. Visit Ireland. Done 4/16. Visit Scotland. Done 4/16. Tour castles in England.Done 4/16.
- Have a proper tea in Great Britain. Done 4/16.
Visit Sweden. Done 4/17. Visit Norway.Done 4/17. Visit Denmark. Scheduled 4/17.
- When I was in Costa Rica, I watched Arenal volcano erupt from far away and that is one of my best adventures yet. According to Laugh Travel Eat, I can watch Stromboli erupt from on it! Definitely had to add that to the list.
- Road trip Ireland, especially the Cliffs of Moher, not sure how my husband will feel about driving on the left side of the road again though.
- Go to the Faroe Islands, especially Sorvagsvatn Lake.
Cherry blossoms in Kawazu-zakura by peaceful-jp-scenery on Flickr
- See the cherry trees bloom in Japan.
- Explore Angkor Wat.
- Visit the Taj Mahal. Here is some India inspiration from See Her Travel.
- Visit the tea plantations in Indonesia.
- Stay in a traditional Chinese courtyard- inspired by my love of Asian literature and this article by Creative Travel Guide.
- Being a dentist, I would be remiss to not visit The Temple of the Sacred Tooth.
- Go to the opera at the Met in NYC.
- Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico
- Stay at the Mohonk Mountain House, in NY.
- Take my kids to Washington D.C. in spring.
- White water raft down the Grand Canyon with my kids.
- Hike into or out of the Grand Canyon.
- Explore the Badlands, SD.
Play tennis on the grass in Newport, RI at the International Tennis Hall of Fame.Done 9/16.
- Scuba dive in Puerto Rico’s Bioluminescent Bay.
Kayak on Puerto Rico’s Bioluminescent Bay.Check out the post.
- Visit Banff.
- Hike, camp at and swim in Joffre Lakes inspired by Adventure Stamp.
- I just took my first helicopter ride and loved it. This ride as seen on World Travel Adventurers over Whistler would be a great next one!
- Visit the Sunshine Coast of Canada- check out Two Scots Abroad’s road trip to get inspired to visit too.
- Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef in Australia
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves, New Zealand
- Swim with Whale Sharks!
- Visit New Zealand.
- Road Trip Australia.
- Go on an African Safari. Here are some inspiring pictures from Roar Loud to get you craving this experience too!
- Seeing the pyramids.
- Hang out with penguins in South Africa.
- Scuba diving in the Big Blue Hole in Belize.
- Visit Patagonia.
- Hike to Machu Picchu.
- Go to a chocolate plantation.
- Probe Around the Globe has inspired me to travel to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile to stargaze and take photos in one of the clearest skies in the world.
Go to St. Lucia.Done 2/17. Visit Barbados.Done 2/17.
- Climb Mt. Liamuiga in St. Kitts.
- Swimming with dolphins.
- Live in a different country.
Sleep in a castle.Done 4/16.
- Swim with manatees.
- Work a Drs. Without Borders trip, even better if one of my son’s can come along.
- Go to all the Grand Slams- I’ve only seen the US Open.
If you have any ideas for me or comments, please share them with me.