Some of my best memories are from road trips all around the United States from historical New England to the west coast’s amazing coastline and national parks. Getting in your car and stopping at wherever looks interesting is wonderful and who better than travel bloggers to help you plan yours. Below are starting points and recommendations of ways to spend a day driving in a specific locale or even a whole road trip. This page will continually be adding more links, so continue to visit. Enjoy!
General Road Trip Advice-
- 5 Road Trip Tips for Families from the Bohemian Bowmans
- The Summer Road Trip That Will Blow Your Mind from Dang Travelers
- Top Road Trips USA from Travel Photo Discovery
Road Trip by Geographic Region-
Inspiring songs lyrics such as “amber waves of grains”, the midwest has wide open spaces and friendly locals.
- Route 66 Through Kansas by Midwest Wanderer
- Introduction to Custer State Park from Dang Travelers
The northeast is the perfect place to experience the four seasons, complete with gorgeous mountains and stunning shorelines.
- Exploring the Connecticut River Valley from The Daily Adventures of Me
- Why I Love the Western Mountains of Maine from The Daily Adventures of Me
- The Jersey Shore by Travelationship
- 9-Day New York State Road Trip including Ithaca, Mining and Niagara Falls, Canada from The Daily Adventures of Me
- Hudson River Valley, Part 1 from Travelationship
- Hudson River Valley, Part 2 from Travelationship
- Explore Saratoga Springs from The Daily Adventures of Me
- New England Road Trip Guide from The Daily Adventures of Me
- Hiking in Mt. Garfield from Roar Loud: Adventures of a Curious Type
- The Secrets of Mt. Monadnock from Roar Loud
- 48 Hours in Rhode Island from The Daily Adventures of Me
The deserts of the southwest US are a sight to behold. Be sure to also explore our native American history.
- Southern Road Trip Through California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona from Make Time to see the World
- A Bizarre Road Trip Stop: Driving From California to Las Vegas: What Is Really on Zzyzx Road? from The Daily Adventures of Me
- Southern US Road Trip Through New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana from Make Time to see the World
- Dallas to Vancouver, Canada from Adoration 4 Adventure
Although summers can be excruciatingly hot, the green trees and swamps, food, history and southern charm make the southeast US one of my favorite areas.
- Street Art in Miami, Florida from Roar Loud
- Jekyll Island from the Bohemian Bowmans
- Georgia to British Columbia (through the Midwest and Pacific Northwest) from the Bohemian Bowmans
- 72 Hours in New Orleans from Power Couple Life
- A DC to New Orleans Road Trip from Lili’s Travel Plans
- Frederick County from Travelationship
- Road Trip Outside of Charleston from The Daily Adventures of Me
- East Coast Road Trip through Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania and New York from Make Time to see the World
- Richmond, Virginia from Travelationship
The west coast is the best coast and perfect for a road trip!
A West Coast(ish) Road Trip– from the Bohemian Bowmans
Oregon to San Francisco- The Pacific Coast from Cathy Flew the Coop
- San Diego to Las Vegas, NV from Backstreet Nomad
- Angeles Crest Highway from Joeology
- 17-Mile Drive in Pebble Beach, Northern Ca from Joeography
- Ortega Highway from Joeography
- San Gabriel Highway from Joeography
- Through John Steinbeck Country– Central California from Trip Wellness
- The Lost Coast Trip- 13 Less-Visited Places in California from Thorpe Travel Site
- Highlights of Road Tripping Through Oregon from Pack Me To
- Road Tripping Through Central Oregon from A Jaunt With Joy
- Road Tripping Down the Oregon Coast from A Jaunt With Joy
Colorado by Vin Crosbie on Flickr
Including the fabulous Rocky Mountains and the majestic carved stones of our national parks, the west should be part of anyone’s bucket list.
- On the Road from San Francisco to Colorado from Scratch the List
- 8 Epic Things to do in Estes Park, Colorado from Pages of Travel
- Royal Arches to Rocky Mountain National Park from 33andFree
- Glacier National Park from Dang Travelers
- Southwest National Parks Road Trip- Arizona to Utah by Expedition Hobo
- Road Trip Through Yellowstone National Park from Dang Travelers
Although Canada is obviously not in the US, its proximity makes it the perfect country in which to continue your US road trip. My first road trip that I did the driving for was from Boston to Quebec and started my love for the travel genre!
Road Trip Through Ontario, Canada from The Daily Adventures of Me
Road Trip Through Quebec, Canada from Continents & Condiments
Banff National Park to Jasper National Park from 33andFree
If you are a travel blogger and would like to be added to this post, please e-mail me at email@example.com.