This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. Product was provided by the client for review; however, all opinions are mine alone. #WorldsSmartestToothbrush #CollectiveBias
You can imagine that as a dentist, my family’s clean mouths are one of my biggest concerns. Here are a few tips I always give my patients as to how to take care of your teeth:
- Make dental care a habit. Do the same routines at the same time each day.
- Use dental products that feel and taste good to you. You aren’t going to want to brush your teeth if you don’t like your toothpaste, so use an ADA approved toothpaste with fluoride that tastes best to you.
- Use dental products that clean your mouth efficiently.
- Use a timer when you are brushing, so that you are sure to brush your teeth for at least two minutes. Without a timer, most people usually assume they are done in much less than two minutes.
We travel a lot and a change in routine can put our good habits at risk. As a dentist it is so important to me that my family continue these taking excellent care of our teeth while we are away. Here is what I have done to help family of boys keep their teeth just as clean abroad as they do at home.
All my boys have their own Philips® Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Electric Toothbrush. These are the brushes that I recommend in my dental office. The majority of other dentists agree with me too as it is the #1 dentist recommended brand of electric toothbrushes. Although manual toothbrushes can be very effective, they are so user dependent. With the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Electric Toothbrush, cleaning your teeth is much easier and predictable. This explains why studies show you get healthier gums in two weeks* (* compared with a manual toothbrush.)
All the males in my house are all about anything cool and electronic. The kids love the Bluetooth app that hooks their phone up to the toothbrush. It works as their timer and tells them where in their mouth they have missed.
Part of why I love that this toothbrush is that it packs easily. We almost always travel with just carry-on luggage. This toothbrush is so convenient because it has its own little travelling case. Some models even charge with a USB through the case. This is really helpful in countries with alternate outlets. So in just a small amount of space, I can fit everything I need to keep up my routines. We recently traveled through Europe for two weeks with just carry-on luggage!
Packing List for a carry-on traveller:
- season appropriate clothes organized in packing cubes, including one light wind breaker just in case
- toiletries in plastic bag
- dental kit consisting of Sonicare toothbrush, a small package of floss and sample sized toothpaste
- empty cube or bag for dirty laundry
- chargers for electronics
- electronic reader
- make sure you have your passport!
You can find Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Electric Toothbrush at Bed, Bath & Beyond.
I don’t know why, but do you know the one person in my family who doesn’t have an electric toothbrush yet? My dear husband! He is such a techie guy- so I know at least one thing going under the tree for him this year! I love that it will let him know on the app if you he brushing too hard. And he will be happy to match his boys with this slick black toothbrush. I have an older purple model myself… might have to do some shopping for myself too.
What do you take with you when you travel to keep yourself healthy? Let me know in the comments.