12″ Smoothform Half Ball (I got mine at AC Moore)
plastic hat to secure the ball on your head
Long roll of bubble wrap (I used Scotch)
wide curling ribbon
strand of battery powered mini LED light- I strongly preferred these because of the small battery.
2 stick on battery operated Tap lights
2. Cut curling ribbon in similar lengths. You need about 15 strips of each.
4. Then attach the curling ribbon between each tentacle.
5. I then taped my LED lights in my desired pattern- I chose to circle them around the sphere.6. Use glue gun to attach hat to inside of the Styrofoam ball, making sure before that it sits right on your head.
7. Cover the outside of the ball and lower edge of the dome with desired color of tissue paper. This part was tricky, as the paper rips easily and does make the costume fragile. It would be sturdier with two layers, but you wouldn’t see the lights as well.
8. Use the glue gun to attach the battery pack to the back of globe and to glue the Tap lights to sides of the rim of hat and your costume is ready to go!