There is a great fall fair on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, The Cranberry Harvest Festival. The fair highlights all things cranberry, including demonstrations of wet harvesting the cranberries. Did you know that cranberries are grown in blogs which at harvest time are flooded to float the cranberries up? While at the festival ten years ago, we were given a recipe that we have been making for Thanksgiving and Christmas ever since, serving warm with ice cream. Yummy!
- 1 pre-make refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups cranberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup pecans
- ¾ cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup flour
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with the crust. Into this put the first three ingredients.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and flour. Mix together.'
- Pour batter over berries and bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes.
- Put aluminum foil over the crust for the last 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
3 thoughts on “Cranberry P’Cake Recipe- Our Holiday Favorite from Cape Cod”
This cake looks incredible!!!!
Looks delicious as always! I love this recipe of yours.
The doctor is famous fro her p’cakes !!!!! Delicious