Exploring Rhode Island Bike Paths

Although I have always enjoyed a good bike ride, I have only recently really appreciated how nice they are. It started with a bike tour in Portland, Maine, one of the highlights of my trip there last spring. I realized that with the right bike, even a ten-mile ride is accessible to most people and a great way to be present in nature. Fast forward to this year and the Corona-virus quarantine. With my normal daily tennis was not allowed and many hiking trails were closed, I started to explore all the bike trails in Rhode Island. I had no idea Rhode Island has so many lovely paved bike trails going through various natural habitats and the trails have now made my list of essential things to do in Rhode Island. So, I am going to share some of my favorite Rhode Island bike paths with you. Enjoy your time exploring them.

Read on for Rhode Island’s Best Bike Paths…

If you liked it, please share it. Thank you!

14 thoughts on “Exploring Rhode Island Bike Paths”

1. What a great idea for getting exercise during the pandemic and turning it into a post too! I love Rhode Island. I visited for the first time last summer and saw the sights. Now I’ll have to go back and bring my bike.

2. It’s been a while since I’ve been on a proper bike ride but these tracks look beautiful! It would be worth dusting off my old bike just to see/photograph an Eastern Towhee! They look super cute!

3. What great bike paths! There is no better way to enjoy nature and get fresh air than by biking and paths like this make it so much better!

4. Biking is always a very satisfying and exciting affair. But it seems to rise to an altogether different level at Rhode Island. The biking trails all look so alluring. Biking in the lap of nature is so charming, and each of these trails beckons mesmerizingly. From the pictures, my favourite would be Coventry Greenway and the Quonset Bike Path.

5. Sounds like an awesome way to spend your time while on a trip to Rhode Island, or just a weekend day during these difficult times. Thank you for this very detailed post!

6. Love every one of them on your list ! I have done bike tours in cities. And this is very different from those I did before. I have to say biking in the nature is definitely one I must try, especially those above with the lake view ! Beautiful ! Thanks for sharing ! =)

7. What fabulous bike trails you have! I love getting out on my bike to explore, though you are absolutely right about having the right bike! I live in a very hilly area surrounded by mountains, and I must admit that increasingly the right bike for me is the one my husband recently converted to an electric assist!

8. Wow. These all look beautiful! My husband and I have been thinking about getting bikes during quarantine as something more to do outside. We’ve got a lot of paths around our home, too.

9. What lovely bike trails! I love all of the cool bridges and beautiful waterways. I’ve been doing more bike riding than normal recently so I appreciate a good trail now haha