Be sure to check out my Youtube Channel!
2016 was a year of big trips and great growth! The Daily Adventures of Me grew throughout our first year of existence. We now have over 20,000 followers! Thanks to you all! Click on any of the locations to see this year’s posts.
European Road Trip
- Sleeping in a castle
- Howth, Ireland
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- The Cotswolds
- Touring the Harry Potter Studios
What I learned:
- Driving on the opposite side of the road is super scary!
- Sometimes the most unexpected stops are your favorite. Wales was a sort of accidental add-on, but so interesting! I only went to Edinburgh because my husband wanted to.
- Splurging on one hotel room can be completely worth it. I adored The Calendonian in Edinburgh.
- Playa Del Carmen
- Rio Lagartos
- Sunrises over the ocean through the storm clouds.
- Snorkeling with sea turtles.
California at New Year’s
- New York– my first trip to Brooklyn.
- New Hampshire
- Adventures in my home state, Rhode Island– I went on my first helicopter ride!
My biggest lessons this year:
- Trust what you know to be true. Early in this year some internet trolls had me questioning my planning of my European vacation. They questioned the rate at which I travel. It made me reassess the way I travel, but in the end, I realized my hare speed is perfect for me.
- This is a personal one- don’t take on others’ drama. I am a pretty empathetic girl, always wanting to make others happy. I am working on not letting other people’s drama become mine.
So far booked for 2017:
- February: Royal Caribbean cruise from San Juan, Puerto Rico to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua and St. Kitts.
- April: Road trip through Sweden, Norway and Denmark
- Whatever else comes up!
How was your 2016? What did you learn? Any recommendations for where to visit on my upcoming trips?
Be sure to follow along on Instagram to keep up with all my adventures!